|Used to create:|| Cooked Meal,|
Heating with Heater,
|“||Everything that we can burn in the heater to warm up our place, or in the stove to cook food. We can make it from wood, books or components.||”|
Fuel is a Consumables category item in the game. It is used to cook food, melt snow, heat the shelter, and craft alcohol. During snowy weather traders sell fuel at a premium, especially the traveling trader Franko. It can be stacked up to 4 units.
- Burning in Heaters, to provide warmth.
- Cooking food using Stoves.
- Melting Snow into Clean Water at the Stove during winter.
- Making Moonshine and Pure Alcohol at the Moonshine Still and the Alcohol Distiller.
Aside from Trading, fuel can be acquired by:
- Using various workshops (such as Moonshine Still or Stove) to convert Books, Wood, or Components to Fuel.
- Chopping down wooden furniture with the Hatchet. Bringing a Hatchet on scavenging trips allows players to carry back greater amounts of Fuel (as Wood stacks to 2 but Fuel stacks to 4).