|Used to create:|| Reducing Hunger|
Bait in traps
Gift to NPC
|“||A canned meal. More nutritious than raw food. With time, you'll get used to its taste.||”|
Canned Food is one of the basic items in This War of Mine. It is acquired by trading and scavenging. It can be consumed without cooking, and reduces a character's Hunger level, similar to a Cooked Meal. It can also be used as Bait for the Trap for Small Animals.
- Since this is the rarest food item in the game, Canned Food should be saved for trading or, as a last resort, eating.
- You can give Canned Food to Grisha, a homeless man in the Decrepit Squat, which will make the survivors living with you happy.
- 2 x Canned Foods are needed to complete a special event involving two visiting hungry children begging for food (since their mother is sick and cannot care for them). Giving them food can boost the mood of some of your survivors and counts towards a subsequent visit from them.
- Trading one canned food for vegetables (to make double the meals) is far better than the canned food itself.
- Canned Food is better than raw food if you are running out of water or fuel, eat the canned food then, when you have water or fuel, make the cooked meals and eat that instead. You could also prioritize in eating canned food when you have Bruno and he is broken/very tired/wounded/sick.