|Crafted at:||Advanced Metal Workshop|
|Used to create:|| Shelter Defense,|
|“||Military Assault Rifle. With a good rate of fire.||”|
The Assault Rifle is one of the Weapons in This War of Mine. Fully operational Assault Rifles can be obtained from loot-able containers, as dropped loot on dead bodies, or by purchasing one directly from a military base. The assault rifle fires in bursts and depletes 3 ammunition with every shot.
- One can be obtained from the Supermarket during a specific encounter with a soldier harassing a woman.
- Occasionally, one can be stolen as high-level loot from the Military Outpost inside a special locked chest the trader stores his inventory in.
- Usually you will be able to find this weapon on most bandits and a lot of soldiers however this is the most difficult method to obtain it.
- This can also be found at the warehouse off of one of the bandit's dead bodies.
Broken Assault Rifle
|Crafted at:||N/A, used as repair component|
|Used to create:||Assault Rifle|
|“||It used to be a deadly weapon, but it doesn't work anymore.||”|
- Due to the appearance of the weapon on both it's HUD icon and in-game, it can be guessed that this is an AK-47, or at least one of the numerous AK assault rifles.
- Strangely, the icon for the Broken Assault Rifle resembles a Thompson Submachine Gun, an submachine gun used from the late 1920s to the early 1950s, but when repaired it resembles an AK-47 Assault Rifle, a weapon used from the late 1940s to the present day.
- In the code, Assult Rifle is referenced as "Machinegun", and Broken Assult Rifle is refered to as 'Machinegun_broken".